NIDHI Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program
Nurturing budding entrepreneurs
The NIDHI-EIR Program would provide subsistence grant to an aspiring or budding entrepreneur of considerable potential for pursuing a promising technology business idea.
The Programme aims:
- To encourage graduate / graduating student to take to entrepreneurship by providing support as a fellowship.
- To provide a prestigious forum for deserving and budding entrepreneurs to pursue their ventures without any additional risks involved in technology based businesses.
- To create, nurture and strengthen a pipeline of entrepreneurs for incubators
- To make pursuing entrepreneurship related to a technology business idea more attractive among options available career options.
- To enable creation of new start-ups by entrepreneurs and significant progress towards raising funding or investment.
NIDHI-EIR Support will be provided in following forms:
- The NIDHI-EIR support recipient will be eligible for grant maximum of Rs.30,000/- per month with a minimum level of Rs.10,000/- per month for a period of 12 months.
- As an NIDHI-EIR recipient, an entrepreneur gets office space, administrative support and a stipend to establish/make the most of their ideas and turn innovative breakthroughs into viable businesses.
The opportunities under NIDHI-EIR Programme include:
- Guidance from experienced, innovative and highly successful entrepreneurs on the business concept, strategy or venture and insight into specific industries or markets.
- Best practices for starting a business and broaden the professional network.
- Co-working spaces for developing the idea into a marketable product.
The Programme thus encourages enterprising individuals to venture out and pursue daring entrepreneurial ideas as well as enhances the quantity and quality of startups
Eligibility and T&C: (Click here for Detailed Eligibility Guidelines)
- Graduates in Science / Engineering with minimum 4 years of formal full time undergraduate/ post graduate education (or) 3 years degree or diploma program and have 2 years full time work experience
- Should pursue their entrepreneurial aspirations full time and cannot be concurrent with any other remuneration or fellowship
- Preferably - 1st generation innovative entrepreneur with hardware / Software based Product Ideas
- Recipients should register for the physical - pre-incubation or incubation program at the PEP for the entire duration of NIDHI-EIR support
- If NIDHI-EIR recipient raises funding or investments for their business ideas/ potential start-ups, the grant support shall be discontinued from the date of receipt of the first tranche of funds
- TBI may terminate the support to non-performing NIDHI-EIR recipient even before completion of 12 months.
Priority Sector / Technology (Hardware / Software based Product Ideas)
Advanced Manufacturing, Agri & Food Tech, Health & Med Tech, Clean & Green Tech - Air, Water, Energy, Waste and Internet of Things (IoT). Other technology areas may also be considered on strength or merit of the idea.
- Support Service
- Co-working Space / Deticated Cubicles
- Seed Fund, Angels & VC Connect
Documents required to be submitted at the time of application
- Duly filled application form
- Formal presentation of the idea intend to pursue with timeline & deliverables
- One page summary of the Application
- Resume with Linkedin Profile
- Proof of citizenship (copy of Adhaar Card / Passport)
- Qualification Certificates as mentioned on the resume
- Relieving certificate from the earlier organization if applicable
- One recent (less than 6 months) passport size photograph
- Proof of Age & Address (Adhaar Card / Passport)
To apply download the following
Last Date to apply: 30.06.2023
- The applications received under the program, are subject to due diligence of screening process.
- Screening will also be subject to the parameters other than the eligibility, such as Innovation, Potential for commercialization and Startup creation, applicant capability and Commitments etc.,
- We maintain confidentiality of all the proposals we receive under different schemes.
- Screening of applications will take maximum 5 weeks, from the date of closure of call for application submission.
- Only selected candidates will be notified/informed through email. No communication from TBI@KEC within the timeframe may be deemed as non-selection of your application for the program.
- The decision of the screening committee for approval and EiR support will be final, firm and binding.
- The final decision of screening committee will be communicated only to the approved applicants via email.
- The approved applicants will have to agree for Physical Pre-Incubation with TBI@KEC as per its policy/terms